Monday, October 08, 2007

Planet Esme - Bliss!

As you know from my last post, I was recently in Chicago attending the kidlit blogger's con. Swing on over to Booktopia to get my first impressions. That Saturday was great, but lots of meetings were involved! On Sunday, Esme invited us over to her Planet for brunch and a look around.

O. M. G.





This is what we saw when we entered.












And this.









And this.







And this.









Wow.

Esme was so generous with her space. (This is an apartment for her books, you know). We were all in awe. And we enjoyed a delicious brunch, and each other's company. It was time to leave too soon. I shared a cab with fellow Canadians Andrea and Mark, and was back in stinky NYC before I knew it.

But I think that Planet Esme will be somewhere I go in my head when crowded on a train, or herding onto the ferry.

3 comments:

Esme Raji Codell said...

Wow, Stacy, what a generous post! I'm glad you had such a good time in Chi-town, I was worried that I was having a better time than anyone. ;-) I look forward to your next real world visit, but until then, I am THRILLED to visit you in the kingdom of Tweendom as well as Booktopia! This was new to me and I can't wait to tell every teacher I know!

You are amazing...

Stasia D said...

Thanks, Esme. I think your place changed my life a bit! btw, I can't wait to keep reading your books!

Jone said...

I so wished that I could have visited. I loved your description. I am signing in on my google account but my school blog is "Check It Out".